Yes, it's settled. We've finally got a regular meeting time: the second and fourth Tuesday mornings of every month at 8:15 a.m., in room 206 of Centenary Square. Again, that's the building across the street from George's Grill, and if you enter from the parking lot in back, you can't miss us.
On the agenda for Tuesday, pending suggestions (all are welcome!), will be:
- Establishing our procedures for starting groups and subcommittees
- Starting the Greenways Subcommittee
- Crafting our pilot project route for the first new greenway
(Stacye Payne of the National Park Service, said in her first visit with us that we need to pick a spot where we can have some likely success. Would Pierre Bayou be the place? Perhaps with two branches, one going up into Highland and another along Youree?)
- Strategies for Making It Happen, Including:
- What grants to apply for next
- What events we might hold that would build interest in greenways
- What trails to build ourselves (in hopes of showing how they can work)
- What organizational structure we need to do any of the above
See you Tuesday!