Anyone who would like to can join us for an ABetterShreveport meeting Monday night. This will be our first one in a while. We start monthly meetings again, if there’s interest.
We'll be meeting this Monday, July 31st, from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m., at the Wright Math Building at Centenary College, on Woodlawn Ave. We've got a number of juicy issues to discuss. We'll be brief, moving through them all within an hour, and people can mix and mingle after. I'll post notes of the meeting on this group page by the next day:
- Dog Park success! Any issues to work through?
- Bike Lanes exist! Issues there? Future locales for lanes & sharrows?
- How about a "Cyclovia" for Shreveport? Say on a Sunday, when half of a big, long road is cordoned off for bike/ped?
- Does the Youree-Kings intersection need pedestrian advocacy? Will there be enough crosswalks?
- What is the future of the Coates-Bluff trail? How can this gem be preserved?
Post something here if there are other issues you'd like to see on the agenda, at least at some point.
Hope to see some newcomers Monday night! All are welcome!
- Dr. Loren Demerath, Director, ABetterShreveport
p.s. Gotta decide if we need this blog anymore. That Facebook page sure is active.