At the most recent Greenways group meeting of April 5 (a bunch of folks were there, but yours truly forgot to take attendance) Jon Soul went over a time line of tasks he thought would be appropriate for the nature loop trail and larger Coates Bluff Greenway, as follows:
2010Spring and Summer
- signs at various points indicating where to enter trail and branches of the trail
- John Davenport, Jon, and Mike Day are at work on those signs.
a sign to the effect that the nature loop trail is “maintained September through May” would allow people to understand that they would not be able to rely on the trail being maintained over the summer.
improve Valencia trail
- the access point to the Valencia park needs work; either at the up-slope going to the new gate into Valencia park (thank you SPAR for installing that!)
- Maurice Loridans said he was considering using a maddock to chip out sections and it make level that downslope.
- An alternative would be to focus on the older double gate, though it apparently needs replacing with a U-latch; that gate could be decorated and to make the trail head entrance more visible from Viking Drive.
a storm drain marking program is necessary to indicate where leakage appears to be happening.
- on area in particular off the northwestern corner of Anderson Bayou has been reported as smelling bad and looking suspiciously bad.
Fall and Winter
to install screens
establish additional trails
including several, perhaps, to Riverscape
to hold a 3rd Annual Celebration and Project Day, either working on clean-up or trail maintenance.